Scope of Practice in Arizona for licensed Naturopathic Physicians:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Clinical Psychology
- Physical Manipulation
- Botanical Medicine
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Minor Surgery
- Dietary Supplementation
- Pharmaceutical prescription Medication
Dr. Ellie Wright NMD, ABAAHP
Dr. Ellie Wright (Dr. El) is a Board Certified Licensed Naturopath Physician that practices personalized/precision medicine. She is Certified by the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine/ABAAHP
She is trained and certified by Walsh Research Institute and utilizes the biochemical nutritional approach for addictions and mental health conditions https://www.walshinstitute.org
In addressing mental health her goal is to overcome the biochemical changes in the brain that comes from addictions, anxiety, depression, PTSD,bipolar, ADHD, autism, Alzheimer. Dr El protocol includes botanical extracts and amino acids to modulate hormones and neurotransmitters biochemical pathways in revitalizing the whole body..
Her passion is natural medicine for a holistic approach with emphasis on nature-based, science-based, and intuition-based. Based on the belief that in order to heal we have to heal at mental, emotional, physical and spiritual level. Dr. El offers preventative health care nutritional medicine, botanical medicine, and counseling in mind/body therapy. She integrates anthroposophical medicine among other therapies such as gemmotherapy, phytotherapy, nutrition therapy, homeopathic, medicinal bath, and mind/body therapy.
Her approach to health is bridging the world of medicine, psychology and art of science to create the most personalized medicine. In this process, she investigates the underlying causes and then proceed with removing the barriers to healing through a mind & body detox. In the holistic approach she evaluates adrenal function, thyroid, food sensitivities, malabsorption, and nutritional status.
Her specialty includes environmental medicine, autoimmune, mold and heavy metal exposure, mental health, metabolic syndrome and metabolic cardiology.
She offers a variety of testing: DNA methylation,hormones, thyroid, metabolic, stress, neurotransmitters, inflammation, heavy metals, mold exposure testing, vitamins and mineral deficiencies, food sensitivity and candida overgrowth, etc.
She does not believe in “one size fits all’ concept and her personalized medicine is based on unique make-up of every person.
Trained and certified in Nutrigenomics or nutritional genetics she practices personalized medicine by employing nutritional genetic testing that allow to validate nutritional needs based on their specific genetic make-up. DNA nutrition testing for: nutrition, autoimmune, chronic pain, gastrointestinal, neuro & mood, detox, drug compatibility and diet. Personalized/Precision medicine aims to empower patients with scientifically validated genetic tests from a laboratory platform. These tests assess how genes impacts weight management, food allergies, nutrient deficiencies and absorption, mood, energy, diet, physical activity. Nutritional genetic testing can provide answers for gluten intolerance, fertility, assess the right type diet including veg diet.
EGW Research Institute. Her past and current research interests are in: genomics and molecular biology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, immunology, micronutrients, phytochemicals, inflammation, mental health.
Dr. Wright research presentations:
- “Analyzing the epigenetic regulation through chromatin modifiers in phytochemicals for clinical applications” EMBL Conference on: From Functional Genomics to Systems Biology, 2020, Heidelberg, Germany (virtual)
- “Reducing the usage of pain medication through Naturopathic Approach in Mental Health” 2nd Global Conference on Physiotherapy, August 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
- “Deficiency in Vitamin D3 and Calcium and the associated comorbidities in overweight children” 10th International Conference on Childhood Obesity and Nutrition, 2017, Rome, Italy
- “Childhood obesity: the relations between fatty acids, gut microbiota and low grade inflammation” 10th International Conference on Childhood Obesity and Nutrition, 2017, Rome, Italy
- “Anti-depressive effects of natural polyphenols: Resveratrol and Curcumin” “Nourish the brain: Omega-3 fatty acids improve and prevent neurodegenerative disease” 6th World Congress on Psychiatry & Psychological Syndromes, 2017, Las Vegas
- “Mindfulness, Brainwaves and Happiness” 17th World Summit on Positive Psychology Psychotherapy & Cognitive Behavioral Science, 2017, Toronto, Canada
- ”Biochemical effects of pomegranates on breast cancer” 2nd Congress on Breast Cancer, 2016, Phoenix, USA
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology and Geriatric Care, University of Arizona
- Master of Arts: Aging, Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude, Arizona State University
Certifications and trainings:
- Genetics and Genomics Certification, University of Stanford
- Nutritional Genomics Training Program, American Nutrition Association
- Mastering Brain Chemistry, Walsh Research Institute
- Copper and Zinc Imbalances in Mental Disorders, Walsh Research Institute
- Clinical use of Peptides and Peptides therapies, Age Management Medicine Group
- Nutrigenomics: Genetic Testing for Personalized Nutrition, Dietitions of Canada
- NutriGenetic Certification, Nutrigenetic Research Institute
- Managing relative nutritional deficiencies associated with centrally acting monoamines, NeuroResearch
- Arizona Naturopathic Physician License
- Certificate to Dispense Medications & DEA
Current professional affiliations:
- Board Advisor for Alliance for Addiction Solution
- Member of A4M, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Member of ANA, American Nutrition Association
- Member of SPAN, Society of Phoenix of Anthroposophic Naturopathy
- Member of ACAM, American College Advancement in Medicine
- Member of AIHM, Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
- Member of AANP, American Association of Naturopath Physician
- ISEAI (International Society for Environmental Acquired Illnesses)